State Assistance Programs in Oklahoma To Take Advantage Of

If you feel as if you are struggling to keep up with all of the basic necessities, you are in luck. If you live in the state of Oklahoma, there are many programs that can help you successfully raise your family. You can get a lot of assistance with childcare, food, rent, transportation, bills and a lot more if you qualify for the help.oklahoma-state-assistance


You might find that balancing a career and parenting duties to be a challenge. Sometimes the cost alone of childcare for children, while you work, can eat up most of the paycheck.

Oklahoma offers a subsidized childcare program as part of the Department of Human Services (405-521-3931). Qualification for the program is based on income, and some families pay a small co-pay.


The state of Oklahoma offers the Medicaid program for needy families to help them afford quality health care for their families. The program is available based on income. Children and pregnant women who meet certain income guidelines may also qualify for SoonerCare, which is offered through the Department of Human Services.

Food and Supplies

The state of Oklahoma understands that sometimes families go through temporary periods of difficulty. When these times come, they offer several programs to help families purchase needed food and supplies. The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program offers cash assistance, and the SNAP EBT Card allows you to buy healthy food.

WIC is another program offered to help supplement a family’s diet with healthy food choices. All of these are offered through the Department of Human Services.


If your current situation does not allow you to own a car, consider finding someone you can commute to and from work with.

Remember to offer something in return, such as money for gas or babysitting services. Also, if you live in a major city, check into public transportation options, which are usually quite affordable.

Rent Assistance

The Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency has several programs designed to help lower-income families afford a safe place to live. The most common rent assistance program is the Section 8 Rental Assistance plan, which pays a portion of the rent cost. Using Section 8 or the rent subsidy program, you can also buy a house if you have low income.

College Grants

It is finally time for your kids to go to college but you don’t know how you can pay for it, there is a lot of help you can use. If the financial commitment that it would require seems impossible, consider looking into college grants and scholarships.

You will find many options out there to help them pay for a quality education. The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education outline several state-based grant programs, and you can apply for federal options by filing the FAFSA.


If you look in the right places, you can find a lot of help for you. All you have to do is apply and you can get a lot of help.

Don’t be afraid to apply because you might be embarrassed. These programs were made for you to use and get assistance from.

If you have any questions or have any other programs you were wondering about, comment down below so you can get the most help.

Good Luck!


Leave A Reply